• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 12 doesn't scale to the screen.

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered an issue with trying to install Photoshop Elements 12 on the new computer with Windows 10.

The program got installed but appears to be in a miniaturized version - not scaling properly to the screen.

Please see the screenshots below

My display resolution is 3840x2400. 

The Photoshop Elements settings in Display & Cursors don't have option to change to the high resolution display settings.

Is there any way to make this work?

I would appreciate if one can suggest a way to fix it without just going for the newer version of the software.

Thank you and kind regardsthumbnail_image 2.pngthumbnail_image 1.png

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4K monitors were not widely available when Elements 12 was introduced and the GUI was not scaled for it.  Even the latest versions of Elements have some limitations for display on a higher resolution monitor.  I don't know whether it will help with your version, but try using the Windows>Settings>Display>Scale and Layout settings.  You can right-click on the desktop and get to it via Display Settings in the context menu.

Later versions of Elements do have a high resolution display setting that can be changed between 100 and 200%.  This usually helps most folk with a 4K monitor. 

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.29_11h39m24s_004_.png

If you want to test it out for yourself, you can download a free trial of Elements 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Greg,

I tried Windows Display Settings and changing those settings doesn't really help. I trieed changing both resolution settings and scaling, to no effect. As you explained, it's probably the legacy issue with this older version of Photoshop. 

I may have to try Elements 2021 after all, although I tried to avoid it and stick with what I am used to.

Thank you for taking time and responding to me question. Appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines