Highlighted

Photoshop Elements 12 Reinstall Issue

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s possible that this has been covered in a previous thread, but I am posting it with my computers symptoms in order to hopefully get a more direct fix.

I have been a user of Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 for the past four years. I received it as part of an accessory software package called Digital Creativity Suite 4.0 that was made available with the Flip-Pal Mobil Scanner (https://flip-pal.com/). The Flip-Pal scanner is no longer available do to certain parts becoming obsolete. Another part of the Photoshop Elements 12 installation was Elements Organizer which is a program that I never used. It’s supposed to help you in organizing your photos. Elements 12 had been running beautifully with no problems for those four years. Recently there was an update attempt that failed and that’s when all the problems started. Photoshop Elements 12 would not open after that. This forced me to do a reload of Photoshop Elements 12. First, I uninstalled what was left of Elements 12 with an uninstaller program. I then reinstalled it from the original disk including the serial number that came with it. All looked great. The Organizer program opened with no problems. I closed it and tried to open Photoshop Elements 12. All looked normal with the barber-pole doing its thing on the opening screen like it always did when Photoshop opened normally. This is the point where everything changed. The barber-pole stopped doing its thing and Photoshop never opened. Multiple tries at opening came up with the same results. I did another uninstall and another reinstall with the same results of Photoshop Elements failing to open. I actually did the uninstall/reinstall again a third time with no improvement.

What does it take to reinstall Photoshop Elements 12 from its original disk, with a proper and legal serial number and get it to work? Are there pieces left in the Registry or something in another file that need to be deleted to get the reinstall to work?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jack R. Fischer

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Elements 12 Reinstall Issue

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s possible that this has been covered in a previous thread, but I am posting it with my computers symptoms in order to hopefully get a more direct fix.

I have been a user of Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 for the past four years. I received it as part of an accessory software package called Digital Creativity Suite 4.0 that was made available with the Flip-Pal Mobil Scanner (https://flip-pal.com/). The Flip-Pal scanner is no longer available do to certain parts becoming obsolete. Another part of the Photoshop Elements 12 installation was Elements Organizer which is a program that I never used. It’s supposed to help you in organizing your photos. Elements 12 had been running beautifully with no problems for those four years. Recently there was an update attempt that failed and that’s when all the problems started. Photoshop Elements 12 would not open after that. This forced me to do a reload of Photoshop Elements 12. First, I uninstalled what was left of Elements 12 with an uninstaller program. I then reinstalled it from the original disk including the serial number that came with it. All looked great. The Organizer program opened with no problems. I closed it and tried to open Photoshop Elements 12. All looked normal with the barber-pole doing its thing on the opening screen like it always did when Photoshop opened normally. This is the point where everything changed. The barber-pole stopped doing its thing and Photoshop never opened. Multiple tries at opening came up with the same results. I did another uninstall and another reinstall with the same results of Photoshop Elements failing to open. I actually did the uninstall/reinstall again a third time with no improvement.

What does it take to reinstall Photoshop Elements 12 from its original disk, with a proper and legal serial number and get it to work? Are there pieces left in the Registry or something in another file that need to be deleted to get the reinstall to work?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jack R. Fischer

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2020 0
hatstead LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack,

Suggest that you temporarily disable your antivirus software during the installation process.

You may have to use this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Before doing this, however, try to create a shortcut for the Editor on the desktop, as described in #2 in this documenr:https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/bypass-welcome-screen-photoshop-elements.html 

Note that direct download link for PSEv. 12 is still available:

https://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0