Photoshop Elements 12 will no longer open

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 12 has stopped working - I am using Windows 7.  I searched the forums and googled and tried all the suggested solutions.  Since it will not open at all, I could not delete my Preferences file by using Shift, Cntrl, Alt so I manually deleted the preferences files (after hours of searching for it) by going to c:/users/(my name)/AppData/Adobe/Adobe PSE 12/prefs but unfortunately, it did not solve the problem.

Another suggested solution was to rename the SLStore and SLCache files to OLD which I also tried and this did not solve the problem.

Does anyone have another suggestion that I can try?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Organizer open?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Organizer opens but I have to go into the program files and then open it from there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the exe file to open the Editor?  (I assume that is what you are having problems with.)  Can you open a photo in the Editor from the Organizer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried using the exe file (I think it's called application instead of exe) and it did not work either.  I tried getting to Editor from Organizer but couldn't get there.  It's as if Editor has totally disappeared! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can suggest is to uninstall/reinstall the program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
margareth32091207 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, I forgot to add in my original message that I uninstalled and re-installed the program also to no avail.  Thanks for your help.  I guess I'm going to have to go cloud-based since I can't seem to resolve this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines