• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 12 will not open with Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a new Mac with Mac OS Catalina.  Now photoshop elements 12 will not open.  Any suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 12 won't work on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no photoshop elements versions older than photoshop elements 2020 will work on macOS Catalina.

Apple made major changes to Catalina so no 32 bit applications will run on Catalina and even a lot of older 64 bit applications will not work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that there are issues with older versions of Elements vs Apple's Catalina software.

What puzzles me is that I had originally installed 2019 vers of Elements and until last week, it worked perfectly.

The main page would open, and the organizer would open no problem as well, but the Editor would not.

So, reluctantly, I uninstalled Elements 2019 and tried to re-install. I could install it, but the process never asked me for the serial number. Hence, I hit a brick wall. While I know I can sell my 2019 to a Windows user, I just wanted to confirm that I have no hope on my iMac...even if I run the Adobe CC cleaner.

Thanks team.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way to run older 64 bit versions of Elements on Catalina is to have them already installed on Mojave or earlier and then upgrade your operating system to Catalina. However, that may lead to unexpected behaviour when running unsupported or incompatible apps.

Older 64 bit versions of Elements include some 32 bit components in the installer and associated files which will not run on Catalina. There are no workarounds.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-mac-64bit-compatibility.html#Areolderversi...

In short, there's no hope of successfully running any version other than Elements 2020 on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines