• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 14 can't read NEF files from my Nikon D7500

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new camera Nikon D7500 but I can't open the NEF files in Photoshop elements 14. There was also a problem to open the files in wind 10, but that problem is over when I installed the RAW converter that I found on the Nikon website. But the problem in Photoshop Elements stays.

Is there a solution to open the NEF files in Photoshop elements 14? Or must I have a new version of photoshop elements (18). And Is it sure that I can open these files when I buy this new Photoshop elements 2018 version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Any camera issued after any editing software version comes with its own new format. No surprise here.

The current Elements 2018 version supports your NEF/ D7500 format.

If you don't want to buy the upgrade to PSE 2018, your free solution is to download the Adobe DNG converter software.

FAQ: Will Photoshop Elements work with my camera, or Why won't my raw files open?

This link explains why each camera comes with its own new format.

It also tells you which ACR converter version is needed for your came

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any camera issued after any editing software version comes with its own new format. No surprise here.

The current Elements 2018 version supports your NEF/ D7500 format.

If you don't want to buy the upgrade to PSE 2018, your free solution is to download the Adobe DNG converter software.

FAQ: Will Photoshop Elements work with my camera, or Why won't my raw files open?

This link explains why each camera comes with its own new format.

It also tells you which ACR converter version is needed for your camera, which Elements version is compatible with that ACR format and anyway, it gives you a link to the DNGconverter free software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded the adobe dng converter software and still cannot open raw files from my nikon d7500. any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You download the latest dng converter. Good.

Now, use it to do its job, which is to convert the raw files from your d7500 to the dng raw format which your PSE14 can open and edit.

The converter must be used to convert a whole folder of your NEF files to the dng raw format.

Then you can open the dng in PSE14 or older versions.

The converter just does that, it converts in batch. It's not a plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Element 2018 and I can't open RAW-files??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should open a new thread because you do not have the very same issue.

Anyhow, make sure to have updated the ACR plugin.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem and went through all the adviced steps:

1. for the Nikon D7500 NEF files the Minimum Camera Raw plug-in version required is 9.12 (Adobe site info)

2. PSE 14 is shipped with 9.0 and is Compatible with Camera Raw plug-in through version 9.5 (Adobe site info)

I opened PSE 14, did all updates and the RAW converter in PSE 14 shows Camera Raw 9.5

However it does not open the RAW files from my D7500.

Do I mis-interpret the given levels ?

The work around using DNG converter does process all D7500 files but is an extra step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Garretoo  wrote

I do have the same problem and went through all the adviced steps:

1. for the Nikon D7500 NEF files the Minimum Camera Raw plug-in version required is 9.12 (Adobe site info)

2. PSE 14 is shipped with 9.0 and is Compatible with Camera Raw plug-in through version 9.5 (Adobe site info)

I opened PSE 14, did all updates and the RAW converter in PSE 14 shows Camera Raw 9.5

However it does not open the RAW files from my D7500.

Do I mis-interpret the given levels ?

Yes, 9.5 is older than 9.12. Five is less than twelve. That's how point updates are numbered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That simple . . .  even my grandson can count till ten and on. Sorry for waisting your time. Problem closed. (I hope you get paid by number of issues closed).

From the Forum I learned (also) that three options exist: 1. buy PSE 18 or 19, 2. Use DNG converter, 3. Change files from D7500 to D500.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.. OT: nobody here gets paid by Adobe - We are all just users like you.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been having the same problem, but have seen a workaround on here. Apparently the D7500 has the same raw processor as the D500. The difference is that Elements14 does support the D500. To enable the use of D7500 raw files in  elements14, right click on the image, go to properties - details and  in details change the camera from D7500 to D500, click OK and bobs your uncle you can now download the images into elemets14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines