• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 14. Lost access to old computer. Customer care asked me to post here.

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing Photoshop Elements 14 from DVD (purchased) 2016.
Msg received:
App installed on too many computers
Have you lost access to your previous computer?

If you cannot access the previous computer on which you installed the app—whether it was stolen, was lost, crashed, or locked—you need to contact us by chat or phone. To ensure a quick resolution, be sure to have any purchase-related information ready.

I tried to contact Adobe to deactivate the app, but the license was too old and not supportet by chat or phone.

How to deactivate it on the old computer, to get it activate on the new one?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to your old computer, go to the Help menu and use the Sign Out command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the two laptops I had them installed on are both toast now. So no access now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially I was told the version was unsupported by Adobe and I had to upgrade to PSE 2020 with new licensing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try again and insist that it's not a case of "support", it's a case of licensing where they have to deactivate a no longer working computer. It's a very common situation where they have to remove the link between a license key and a given computer. That happened to me and they solved the issue  immediately.

If they still send you to this forum, tell them we'll report their behaviour to the Customer Care services; unfortunately we have to complain too frequently for that motive. Be sure to insist and to ask to be transferred to the correct Adobe licensing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try again and do not tell them the product or version unless asked; start by saying you need an "Activation Count Reset". Use those EXACT words. This is the ONLY thing they can do for old apps, but if you give them the chance they will send you here, where nobody can help. Be insistent, tell them the forum said they cannot do activaction count resets, and that customer service can do them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines