• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 14

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old copy of Photoshop Elements 14, I purchased from Costco a number of years ago and never installed. The box is unopened. I would like to now install it on my current laptop, however, my laptop does not have a DVD drive.

1. Is there an alternate method to install it? I can provide the bar code information to prove ownership.

2. Once it is installed, am I entitled to an upgrade to the current version? If so, how do I upgrade?

Robb

TOPICS
Download and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to a computer with a DVD drive, the contents of the disk can be copied to a thumb drive and you can install from that device.  You will need the serial number which is usually contained on the white disk cover inside the box to install the program.

I don't remember whether Elements 14 had an update (not an upgrade).  If it did you will be prompted to download it, or you can go to the Help>Updates menu to start the update.

Once you register the program, you will be entitled to an upgrade discounted price for the latest version of the program (Elements 2020).  If you act within the next few hours (Pacific Time), you can buy the program for an even lower price.  The current offer expires on April 19, 2020.

An upgrade is actually a totally independent program and you can keep both versions on your machine without a problem.  Some people like the Slideshow feature that was available in Elements 14 rather than the current one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Greg. Your method worked perfectly. I didn't realize it would install without the DVD, but no problem. I was able to update to 14.1. Now I have to learn how to use the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option, for any with older movie, music or software collectioins, would be to purchase an inexpensive USB drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, if you have a mac with macOS Catalina, only photoshop elements 2020 will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines