• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 15 Import issue

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, when I download say 100 photos PSE installs them into 100 individual files instead of only 1 file in the catalog ??

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Not sure if I understand the issue correctly, would you mind sharing some more details about the issue?
Also, please share a screenshot of how the images look when imported into Photoshop Elements 15.

We're here to help, just need more information.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until we get a clearer question from you, I'll take a guess at what you mean and a possible reason why it is happening.

If you are downloading your photos from a memory card, using the Adobe Photo Downloader, there are several options as to where the photos are stored on your computer.  I believe the default (for Windows) stores the photo files in a single directory/folder which is C:\Users\Your Name\Pictures. 

If you want each download of photos to be stored in a separate folder, you have to designate the sub-folder or naming template that you wish to use.  I suspect that you have this set to none.  If this is not the answer to your question, please give us a more detailed description of what you are seeing.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.12.18_14h38m07s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0in;<br> margin-bottom:.0001pt;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:8.5in 11.0in;<br> margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br>-->

Hi, Thanks for the reply.  Normally when I upload media from an SD card, PSE 15 places the images into one single folder in my catalog. Now when I upload media from the SD card it places the images into single folders for every image. Creating hundreds of folders.  Sorry I cannot send  a screen shot. If needed I can print and scan a copy and send to you.

Randy Griffin

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So can you tell us what the folder names are.  What OS are you using?  And what are your Save Options settings in the Adobe Photo Downloader?  See my screenshot for what I am talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines