Exit

Photoshop Elements 15 missing preset folders in finder

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Im running Photoshop Elements 15 on Mac Catalina 10.15.2 

I'm looking to start using presets to add to my work but struggling to add any into Photoshop itself.

I've gone into the finder files (see below) where the default preset folders are stored and I can see some folders are missing. For example the 'Actions ' folder isn't being displayed. However, when in the preset manager within photoshop it displays a file called 'Actions' (see below). Can anyone advise on this please and point me in the right direction?

Many thanks, 

JoshScreenshot 2020-01-30 at 22.03.12.pngScreenshot 2020-01-30 at 22.05.39.png

TOPICS
Actions , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

The problem your encountering is apple hides the User Library by default in the Finder.

Your second screenshot from the Finder is the Mac Hard Drive Library, you want your User Library.

You can see your User Library by clicking on your Desktop, press the Option key while clicking Go

and the word Library is you User Library and that's where you'll find Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop Elements 15/Presets

gtl.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh, I don't know where to tell you to find those action files but it sounds like you have a much bigger problem brewing.  Due to the tightened 64 bit requirements of Catalina, Photoshop Elements 15 isn't recommeded or supported for use in v10.5.x environments.  They aren't compatible.  It may help to know, Photoshop Elements 2020 was built for Catalina and is on sale right now for $30 off.  Sorry I couldn't answer your original question, I'm a Windows user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screenshot is from

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 15/Support Files/Presets

the second screenshot is from

/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop Elements 15/Presets

Your not missing any folders, it's just the Applications presets folder only has the default presets that ship with pse 15. The User Library pse 15 presets folder has folders for all the different kinds of presets that pse 15 can use and is where adobe wants users to add their own presets like Actions, which is why the Preset Manager points to that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Jeff.

I've got an issue where my folders don't match up. Within elements there are multiple folders within the presets folder as seen below. However in finder, there are none showing? Any ideas? Or have I missed something very clear?

Many thanks.Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 21.09.59.pngScreenshot 2020-04-14 at 21.10.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem your encountering is apple hides the User Library by default in the Finder.

Your second screenshot from the Finder is the Mac Hard Drive Library, you want your User Library.

You can see your User Library by clicking on your Desktop, press the Option key while clicking Go

and the word Library is you User Library and that's where you'll find Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop Elements 15/Presets

gtl.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help Jeff, you wouldn't believe the amount of head scratching it caused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines