Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 15 under Linux with WINE - Welcome Screen problem

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,

I've installed Photoshop Elements 15 on my Mint 20 Linux system using PlayOnLinux and version 5.19 (Staging) of WINE. Both the Editor and Organizer seem to run very well (and fast) in this environment. The Organizer starts and runs flawlessly and I can launch the Editor from there. However, when I start the Editor by itself (via a shortcut to its EXE file) a totally white window appears, which I assume is the Welcome Screen trying to come up. At that point the Editor has crashed!

As mentioned above, I can start and use the Editor via the Organizer, but that is a pain. Since I can't bring up the Welcome Screen I can't get to the option located there to turn it OFF and go directly to the Editor!

Can anyone suggest some other way to turn OFF the Welcome Screen via, perhaps, a configuration file or a Registry entry?

Many thanks, Wayne

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

You want to make the shortcut to the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe in order to skip the Welcome screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to make the shortcut to the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe in order to skip the Welcome screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff,

Thanks very much for your solution - it worked perfectly! It was my error to have set up a Shortcut to Photoshop Elements 15.0.exe rather than to PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe! Both the editor and the organizer now seem to be working perfectly under Wine. I'll submit a report to WineHQ.

Again, thanks very much,

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines