• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 15 Won't Open PSD File and says it's unreadable

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 15 won't open a psd file. I was working on the file earlier today, saved it, closed the program and restarted the computer, and now it's claiming that the file is unreadable. The program can open other psd files just fine. It's just this one file that it refuses to open. Is there any way I can reopen the file or somehow get my work back or is this file just dead now?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about file not opening in Photoshop Elements 15, could you please let us know where is the file stored? Is it stored on a network or external drive?

Could you please check this thread and see if it helps? https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/restoring-a-corrupted-psd-file/td-p/3922736

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A common reason is that the psd file has 'layer comps'. This was not supported in PSE15 but it's now recognized in the current PSE version. It may be a psd used as a template, for instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines