• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 16 problems editing with iMAC

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMAC OS is Mojave 10.15.05, and since installing it, the Elments 16 Editor barely functions (better in RAW).  I get this error message:  Adobe Application Manager Utilite not optimized for MAC and needs to be updated.  I go to "Learn More" but it doesn't answer my questions other than Elements is operating with 32 bit and needs 64.  So if I go to Elements 2019, does this problem persists?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This message is operating system generating I believe it is a warning, could you please have a look at this article and let us know if it helps? 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your reply, but I have already visited this website you referred me too. As far as my experience is concerned, the 32 bit Elements 16 is indeed affected, the editing function is horrible, and this is a problem with other Elements users with the Mojave OS. iMAC tech support informed me they have gotten this complaint from Element users. I need to know if the problem persists with Elements 19. I had no problem with the Sierra OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should not happen with Photoshop Elements 19 as it is optimized and tested for newer operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to know if the problem persists with Elements 19.

Probably best to download the PSE 2019 trial on your computer and see for yourself. You'll have 30 days to use it before a purchase is necessary.

Download Photoshop Elements free trial | Adobe Photoshop Elements

It won't have any effect on your existing Elements 16. It will install separately into its own folder on your hard drive and you can uninstall it when you've finished.

Even with  2019, you may still encounter the "not optimized for MAC and needs to be updated." messages. That's an irritating message that Apple has baked into Mojave whenever it encounters any 32 bit software components. Only Adobe can fix that, probably with the next updates of all its software.

But that warning has no bearing on the performance of your Elements 16 software such as the editing function. Something else is going on there with Mojave.

By the way, if you continue with your existing software, do not upgrade to MacOS Catalina, it will not run any 32 bit software. You won't be able to run it with a warning like you can in Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The warning is telling you the software will not run in Mac OS 10.15 Catalina. Read it carefully. It does NOT mean the software runs poorly on mojave, this is not connected at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines