Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 16 suddenly freezing when using text tool

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have had Elements 16 for over a year and have applied the latest updates.  Suddenly, when I click the text tool, Elements freezes indefinitely.  I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to task manager and kill it.  Any ideas why the text tool is now causing this?  Other tools tried do not.

Thanks for any help,

Glen

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glen,

Sorry that Photoshop Elements 16 is freezing while using the Text tool. 

Does the problem occurs while using a specific font or while working on a particular file in Photoshop Elements?

Would you mind restoring the Photoshop Elements app preferences to default as mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html#Rest... and check if that helps?

If it doesn't, please review this list of troubleshooting steps and let us know the outcome: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-photoshop.html#main... 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  Of note, which wasn't mentioned, is I'm running on Windows 10 with latest updates. Also, I don't have any special fonts installed beyond what came with Windows.

I noticed that whenever the text tool was selected, the font defaulted to 'Jokerman' font and 100pt.  I wasn't able to change the font, the size, or type in a text box without the application totally freezing.  Prior to this response, I ended up doing item 12 in the troubleshooting link, Un/Reinstall Photoshop Elements.  After that, it is now working correctly and not defaulting to that particular font - Jokerman.  Not sure if that is tied to the Elements Organizer, but if I encounter it again I will try that prior to a un/reinstall.

Thanks!

Glen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update Glen.

Glad to know everything is working fine now. 🙂

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines