Highlighted

Photoshop elements 18 crashes in windows 7

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been using PSE 18 without problems for almost a year but now every time I open organiser the thumbnails start to load then after 5-15 seconds computer completely shuts down.

My OS is windows 7 home premium 64 bit SP1

CPU 3.20GHz

6GB Ram

2.89 GB available physical memory

9.34GB available virtual memory

1234GB free disk space

So far I have tried re-installing the software, repair and optimize the catalogue, create new catalogue and import a few trial pics to test but get the same shut down result.

Any suggestions please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop elements 18 crashes in windows 7

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been using PSE 18 without problems for almost a year but now every time I open organiser the thumbnails start to load then after 5-15 seconds computer completely shuts down.

My OS is windows 7 home premium 64 bit SP1

CPU 3.20GHz

6GB Ram

2.89 GB available physical memory

9.34GB available virtual memory

1234GB free disk space

So far I have tried re-installing the software, repair and optimize the catalogue, create new catalogue and import a few trial pics to test but get the same shut down result.

Any suggestions please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop Elements crashing on Windows 7, let us help make this right.

Could you please check if there are any pending updates available for Windows 7?

Also, Re-create the Elements Organizer preferences file.

Re-create the Adobe application preferences file to eliminate problems that a damaged preferences file can cause.
Navigate to the Elements Organizer settings folder:

• Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Adobe\Elements Organizer\[Version]\Organizer\
  • Win Vista/7/8: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Elements Organizer\[Version]\Organizer\
  • Macintosh OS: //Users/[User Name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Elements Organizer/[Version]/Organizer/

Note: Some of the folders in these paths could be hidden. To reveal them, see:

Regards,
Saghil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saghil

Thank you for your reply. Having followed your instructions I am pleased to say that Organiser now appears to be stable and I am able to rebuild the catalogue so far without any problems.

thanks again

kind regards

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0