Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 19

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have the trial version of PS Elements on my computer. After the trial expired I can not use Elements Organizer enymore.

It requests to licence software.

I heard that is possible to use Organizer further, but no Editor.

How can I activate Organizer.

Thank you.

Jože from Slovenija

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Sorry, it's not possible to use the Organizer after the trial period without licensing. I think that was possible with much older versions.

A new version (PSE2020) is awaited in the coming weeks. Instead of buying PSE2019, I suggest downloading the new version as a trial when it's available. You'll be entitled to convert your PSE2019 catalog to the new version and use it for 30 days after which you'll have to license it.

Note that users of Lightroom classic can convert PSE catalogs to the LR forma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I've moved your post to the Photoshop Elements forum
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's not possible to use the Organizer after the trial period without licensing. I think that was possible with much older versions.

A new version (PSE2020) is awaited in the coming weeks. Instead of buying PSE2019, I suggest downloading the new version as a trial when it's available. You'll be entitled to convert your PSE2019 catalog to the new version and use it for 30 days after which you'll have to license it.

Note that users of Lightroom classic can convert PSE catalogs to the LR format and recover practically all your organization.

If you don't want to continue with Elements Organizer, my advice is still to use the next trial version and to convert your catalog. Then you can 'write metadata to files' to make your tags and captions available to any other external managing software, including Explorer/Finder (and why not, in Bridge, which is free even if you don't subscribe to a Photographer's plan). Or you can re-import your files with tags and captions into an older licensed version of the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.can re-import your files with tags and captions into an

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. How can re-import my files with tags and captions into an Photoshop elements 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Your previous PSE8 catalogs are always available to PSE8. If you mean how to import files newly tagged in PSE2019, it depends if you have used the 'write metadata to files' or not. If you have not written them, they are only in the PSE2019 catalog. In that case, you can use PSE8 to import the new files in the older catalog. This is made easier if you know in which folders to find new files. It's also made safer by the fact that if you scan a folder tree, the downloader will not re-import files already in the catalog, only the new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

Jože

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines