• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2015 Bulk Import Issue

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my photos organized in file explorer with a folder for each year and subfolder under each year.

The bulk import imported the photos in the subfolders but not the photos in the by year root folders.

Why?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Phpotoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no explanation and it's the first time I see this issue.

The general issue with the 'bulk' import is that it will import anything including what you don't want. That's why I advise never to use it.

Take the time to import from the year root folders. What has already been imported (the subfolders) will be skipped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, do you have any photos in the actual folder for each year?  Or are all of the photos in the sub-folders for each year.

If all of the image files are in the sub-folders, are you only looking at the names of the folders in the Folders panel?  If so, you may be in the flat view of the panel and therefore won't see the folder tree view containing your folders named by year. 

Alternatively, if you are in the tree view of the Folders panel, if you click on a named year folder, you will not see the files in the sub-folder.  This is as designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your inputs.  The download stopped with only about 1/2 of my 13,000 photos which appeared to be all from my subfloders. I checked the next day and the balance of my photos downloaded.  I don't understand but at least the down load eventually work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines