• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2015 Catalog Backwards Compatibility

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have canceled my serial no. for PSE15, bought from Amazon, because they say it is not genuine.

I have a new computer but can't install PSE15 on it without a valid serial no.

I still have the disks for PSE11 & 13 and could install one of those but would they be able to interpret the catalog constructed with v.15? In other words, are catalogs backwards compatible?

Please don't suggest I should spend any more money on an upgrade because the money already spent on v.15 has been wasted to an extent.

{Thread renamed by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

You can always 'convert' an old catalog to the current version, but not the other way round. Your older PSE will not be able to use the catalogs created in a newer version.

I would recommend you to get the latest version of PSE which is 2019 Picture & Video Editor Software | Adobe Elements 2019 Bundle

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In these situations it is normally possible to work through a 40 day plan directly with Adobe. Did you receive this information?

https://www.adobe.com/genuine.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your helpful replies.

Unexpectedly, I have been able to obtain a refund from Amazon and that has enabled me to buy PSE2019-this time direct from Adobe-and the catalog was successfully transferred to the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines