Highlighted

Photoshop Elements 2018 crashes on startup

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

Today I have purchased Photoshop Elements 2018 on Amazon, and after installation I experienced the following Problems:

After a click on the Photoshop Elements Symbol (on search panel, desktop, whatever) the start screen comes up to let me select if I want the editor or the Organizer.

• After restart, the Organizer opens normally, but after about 1-2 minutes (even if i didn't do anything) the window closes. If I click on import, it closes earlier (but not instantly).
  • When I want to start it again, the window doesn't even open (though I can see the "loading window").
  • Only if I go to the task manager and stop every task that is related to adobe photoshop elements, the organizer pops up again (for a few seconds). But this only works occasionally.
  • The editor seems to work fine, but has a very poor performance.

My PC setup is as follows:
1 year old T470p Lenovo Laptop

• Intel Core i7-7820HQ (2.9GHz)
  • 16GB RAM
  • >200 GB free space on SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro (version 1803)

What I have tried so far:

Nothing worked so far and I am really frustrated, because I have spent so much money on the Program. I am just a student and have spared the money for this for months…

I hope someone can help me with this

Best regards

Pia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Elements 2018 crashes on startup

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

Today I have purchased Photoshop Elements 2018 on Amazon, and after installation I experienced the following Problems:

After a click on the Photoshop Elements Symbol (on search panel, desktop, whatever) the start screen comes up to let me select if I want the editor or the Organizer.

• After restart, the Organizer opens normally, but after about 1-2 minutes (even if i didn't do anything) the window closes. If I click on import, it closes earlier (but not instantly).
  • When I want to start it again, the window doesn't even open (though I can see the "loading window").
  • Only if I go to the task manager and stop every task that is related to adobe photoshop elements, the organizer pops up again (for a few seconds). But this only works occasionally.
  • The editor seems to work fine, but has a very poor performance.

My PC setup is as follows:
1 year old T470p Lenovo Laptop

• Intel Core i7-7820HQ (2.9GHz)
  • 16GB RAM
  • >200 GB free space on SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro (version 1803)

What I have tried so far:

Nothing worked so far and I am really frustrated, because I have spent so much money on the Program. I am just a student and have spared the money for this for months…

I hope someone can help me with this

Best regards

Pia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 03, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll follow the discussion  you are mentioning in the feedback forum. 

It has been suggested that the recent update of Windows 10 (build 1803) may have created some problems related to the amount of RAM available to Elements.

The symptoms vary, but the workaround seems to work for all of them.

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

Since there are already a lot of positive feedback about the success of that workaround, I would advise to test editing the registry. I have not seen any mention of a catastrophe from incorrect editing, but a backup of the registry is highly recommended.

I don't think the workaround can hurt. Some say that it makes Elements more responsive.

I have tried it on two computers with 6GB and 8GB RAM which did not show the issues from the Windows update. People with a rather powerful config like yours are more at risk to have the various issues mentioned above, and the workaround should help them more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the Link!

The Performance of the Editor is better now!

The other (bigger) Problem with the Organizer sadly didn't change.

I cannot use the Organizer at all, if the Window is closing all the time...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update, the Problem still persists...

Does anyone have a solution for my problem? I cannot use Photoshop Elements Organizer at all...

Kind regards,

Pia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I just bought Elements 2018 at WalMart, installed it, started Organizer to identify people in my 26,000 photos. I left for about an hour as it was taking a while and when I came back Elements was closed. I tried starting it a couple of times but it closed after 3 seconds or so of starting up. I restarted computer and tried it a couple more times with the same result - I start Organizer and it closes about 3 seconds after starting.

I have Windows 10 Professional (X64) Version 1803 (build 17134.165).

3.2G Intel Core i5-3470

20G Ram

2 TB hard drive with 1.5 TB free.

I have no viruses or malware on my system.

I just need Elements to work and I don't want to be a Guinea Pig. If it doesn't work, I'd like my money back. Is that too much to ask?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Six months later, and I'm having the same problem. Organizer loads for about 15 seconds, then crashes. I haven't had this problem previously, and there have been no major changes to the computer or the Organizer catalog. Running Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-6700K CPU at 4.01 GHz, 16 GB RAM.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having this same problem too.  Out of the blue catalog just crashes and won't open.  Didn't realize until now that Adobe has awful support options.  How do we get support??  If the product isn't going to work then how do I get my money back??  Does Adobe even bother to respond to these?????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2019 0