Highlighted

Photoshop Elements 2018 Panorama Photomerge creates oversize files.

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the years I have scanned pages from historical newspapers using a wand scanner then photomerging the scans to a single pages which I saved to a PDF. On earlier versions of Photoshop Elements, this created reasonable size files, around 4-5,000 KB.

Ever since switching to Elements 2018 and using the Guided panorama stitching, I'm getting  enormous PDF files, routinely over 100,000 KB. I can reduce them in Adobe Acrobat Pro, but that only reduces the file size down to around 60,000 KB, still enormous.

What am I doing wrong?

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Elements 2018 Panorama Photomerge creates oversize files.

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the years I have scanned pages from historical newspapers using a wand scanner then photomerging the scans to a single pages which I saved to a PDF. On earlier versions of Photoshop Elements, this created reasonable size files, around 4-5,000 KB.

Ever since switching to Elements 2018 and using the Guided panorama stitching, I'm getting  enormous PDF files, routinely over 100,000 KB. I can reduce them in Adobe Acrobat Pro, but that only reduces the file size down to around 60,000 KB, still enormous.

What am I doing wrong?

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before discussing the question of PDF file sizes, it would be good to know:

- The size of the final panoram in pixels

- The size of the final panorama in .psd or .tiff format in KB before and after flattening the layers.
- The size in KB of that flattened file when saved to Photoshop pdf format from Elements.

The explanation can be that the only available format from Elements, Photoshop Pdf, is a combination of a standard pdf with a full layered psd. Huge in size, but can be opened either from Elements or Acrobat/Illustrator.

If you want to save to the standard pdf format from Elements, you can install a pdf virtual printer driver (like Print to Pdf in Windows 10) and 'print' the file instead of 'saving' it. You'll get a reasonable pdf size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0