• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 2018 performance preferences error

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to adjust performance preferences, I get; "An integer between 50 and 8 is required".

I'm running windows 10 with all current updates at this point. I've tried the registry hack, but that doesn't seem to work, unless I did something wrong. 

Also, I get a lot of memory errors I was not getting before. This is the reason I'm trying to adjust performance preferences. 

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjusting the performance will not help, keep the default 70% but never 100%.

The registry setting (nothing like a "hack", only an important piece of information) is the only way. There are a number of ways to edit the registry in a wrong way, it must be done exactly, without any additional space for instance. A very common error is to select the wrong PSE version (PSE2018 is version 16). There is a risk with the Windows store version. Even if creating the default categories, there has been an example in this forum where the issue was not solved.

If you can provide screenshots of your registry edits, maybe we could check if something is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Please share a screenshot of the registry settings so that we could help you.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines