• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 2018- "Not enough RAM" to save a jpeg?!

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I un-installed my Photoshop Elements 2018 because it couldn't even save a jpeg, or anything else for that matter. It was dragging really slow doing most things, & text wouldn't appear on the screen until I exited text mode & switched to the pointer, so I did a fresh install today by downloading the trial version. Still performing horribly, doing the same thing. It says "Could not complete the "Save As" command because there is not enough memory (RAM). I know better! Very frustrating to say the least! Trying to add one image onto another finally worked, but took several minutes before it could accomplish something that used to only take seconds. Maybe the last 2 Windows updates to Windows 10 have something to do with it? It's been a while since I've used it, maybe a few months, so I'm suspecting the updates as they are the only changes made to my ASUS laptop since things have stopped working correctly.

Here's the pc spec's:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz
4.00 GB RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Anybody else experiencing a Photoshop 2018 meltdown? Know how to fix this atrocity?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post Photoshop Elements related queries over at

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Done..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating.... I upgraded to Elements 18 thinking that would solve the problem with "could not complete....because there is not enough memory RAM." I, too, have Windows 10 with 3.80 usable GB out of 4 GB. I can't afford a new computer and really need this Elements program for my work. I'm just working on one simple jpeg right now trying to get it to save. Aaaggghhh!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Vickey+Fuqua  wrote

I can't afford a new computer and really need this Elements program for my work.

You don't need a new computer. You need to follow the instructions given in this link mentioned by josephlavine :

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or these instructions have a few more screenshots, but keep in mind the number you add to the registry should match your computer's MB/GB of RAM memory (not HD/SSD):  8GB=8000, 4GB=4000, 16GB=16000:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10399008#10399289

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I had this problem along with, "Could not complete your request because active layer is empty" and "An Integer between 50 and 8 is required". These were caused by a Windows update. The answer that I found cured all these problems is listed on the Adobe site under "How to correct the error mesage, An Integer between 50 and 8 is required".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, and I have I have reloaded several times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines