• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2018 suddenly freezing and acting weird and non-fuctional

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop Elements 2018 is no longer useable. My computer is brand new and it was working fine. In the last couple of days it has been freezing up when I try and open files (will take a minute or longer to open a simple picture file) and it is extremely slow. Adobe has not been very helpful and they sent me here because they no longer support service to Photoshop Elements 2018. I am very depressed and angry about the situation. I need Photoshop for my small business and now it’s completely non-functional. I tried uninstalling and re-installing and resetting the settings but nothing works.    

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Are you using the Organizer?  If so, have you tried turning off all Media Analysis in the Organizer's Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis dialog?  Also, how many media files do you have in your catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never use the Organizer, I find it clunky and not usefull at all. I have gone in and turned off the Media Analysis. Could the Media Analysis be impacting the Editor function even though I do not use Organizer? I keep my photos in folders and access them using the Photo Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines