• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2018 will not open Nikon .NRW raw files. [Nikon Coolpix P1000]

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2018 will not open Nikon .NRW raw files. What do I need to do to get them open?  I updated the program but it didn't help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

faq:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or-why-won-t-my-raw-files-open/td-p/4303022?page=1

As indicated in that faq, you can download the latest Adobe DNGconverter which is free and can batch convert a whole folder of your raw files to the DNG raw format that your PSE2018 can read and edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Denise5FDF 

Could you please share the screenshot of any error message that comes or anything that you see related to the issue? It would help us understand the issue and help you better.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denise5FDF_0-1605713584186.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated both Elements and Premiere. It didn't make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>will not open Nikon .NRW raw files.

From which camera exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon Coolpix P1000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

faq:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

As indicated in that faq, you can download the latest Adobe DNGconverter which is free and can batch convert a whole folder of your raw files to the DNG raw format that your PSE2018 can read and edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the record, the P1000 was first supported in Camera Raw 11.1 which is only compatible with Elements 2019 and later. Unfortunate for an Elements 2018 user.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

So, with Elements 2018, your options are to either a) upgrade to the current version of Elements, or b) stay with Elements 2018 and use the free DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines