• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2018.

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I am losing my mind. I want to change a color in my photo. Simple, right? WRONG! I watched several online videos, they did NOT correspond to MY Photoshop Elements 2018. The things the videos showed happening did not happen with my image.  i.e., there was no preview appearing on my end.

I am non technical. In all of google search - and Adobe help - I did not find a simple understandable not-overly-technical way to change a color in an image in Photoshop Elemts 2018. This should be simple. It's not.  And, no, I'm not stupid, just non technical. I am a "new" photo artist and need to learn how to do this!

Am I frusted? You betcha!

And I don't want to pay someone like $50 to show me how to do it on my laptop. And I don't want to take a photoshop class which could take months.

Any good suggestions, besides not doing it at all?

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind having a look at the tutorial for Photoshop Elements at the link below to see if this helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/using/adjusting-color-saturation-hue-vibrance.html#cha...

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking maybe at tutorials for Photoshop CC instead of Elements?

Try this tutorial  which is specifically for Elements, and see if it helps you.  If not, we need more information about the problem you are having.  If possible post a screenshot of the image you are trying to change and also the stage in the process where you are having problems.  Also, what OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it 10 times. Didn’t work. No color change. I don’t know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Control-k (Win) or Command-k (Mac) then choose, Reset preferences on next launch.  Relaunch Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I don’t know what that might affect, am leery of just going ahead and doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will make the program as it was when you first installed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you could pick a tutorial, tell us the link, and then try and follow it carefully step by step. The moment it doesn't do exactly what the tutorial says, then let us know. We can't really help if you just say stuff doesn't work, since for the most part the right instructions do work for us. Suggests it's the wrong instructions, or you aren't following them exactly.

PS Don't take a Photoshop class if you don't have Photoshop!! (Which you don't!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the tutorials didn’t work on my installed Elements. I carefully followed the instructions and, at the end, when the color is supposed to change, it doesn’t, nothing changes.

I probably need someone at Adobe to take control of my computer and try it. If I am doing something wrong that will show me what it is and how to make it work. Or, I could hire any 11-year-old, they would quickly and easily figure out how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want Adobe to take control of your computer, you're going to need to contact Adobe. We ain't them. However, I don't think that support offer training, that's not their job. But SOMEONE may well contact you.. Warning, scammers may contact you privately pretending to be Adobe staff. Adobe will never send you a private message asking you to email an account that isn't @adobe.com, or use Skype. Adobe never ask you for their password. These scammers want your Adobe info, credit cards, your money and control of your computer, please take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines