• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2019 for macOS. 32-bit pieces won't run under Catalina.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe. Time is ticking. In a couple of months, pieces of your current Photoshop Elements app won't run on the current macOS. When will we see an update to bring all the components to 64-bit? You gonna update this or just leave us hanging?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Historically, new versions of Photoshop Elements have been released in September or October.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eldenf,

That isn't a great user experience as Photoshop Elements 2019 is not running on Mac OS Catalina, we're sorry to hear about this. Please explain the issue you're facing in more detail with a brief description of your workflow. Which version of Photoshop Elements are you using? We are here to help, just need some info.

This version of Photoshop Elements has not been tested on the Mac OS Photoshop Elements system requirements

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop Elements 2019 for macOS. The Catalina version of macOS is due to be released very soon. This version of macOS will not run 32-bit software. There are components of Photoshop Elements that are 32-bit. I believe that the main app is 64-bit. But the Adobe Application Manager keeps triggering operating system warnings because it is 32-bit and will not run under the upcoming version of macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. I believe that the main app is 64-bit. But the Adobe Application Manager keeps triggering operating system warnings because it is 32-bit and will not run under the upcoming version of macOS.

Photoshop Elements is a not yet tested on this operating system.

We'd love to get this feedback submitted officially so the engineering team can get this recorded. Could you please post this feedback here:

Photoshop Elements | Photoshop Family Customer Community

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way... there is a forum member who is attempting to scam me posing as an Adobe employee requesting my serial number. Username: Adobe Dana Baker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Akash+Sharma  wrote

Photoshop Elements is a not yet tested on this operating system.

We'd love to get this feedback submitted officially so the engineering team can get this recorded. Could you please post this feedback here:

Photoshop Elements | Photoshop Family Customer Community

That looks like just another support forum. How many forums do you have for the same product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way... there is a forum member who is attempting to scam me posing as an Adobe employee requesting my serial number. Username: Adobe Dana Baker.

Sorry about the trouble caused.

Please do not share any personal info with these Spammers. Only reply to ACP's, MVP's and Staff tagged people privately.

Thanks for sharing the screen name.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like just another support forum. How many forums do you have for the same product?

The above forum is monitored by our Engineers and since this product is not yet officially supported, we recommend posting on this forum.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Akash+Sharma  wrote

The above forum is monitored by our Engineers and since this product is not yet officially supported, we recommend posting on this forum.

~Akash

Which forum should I post to? (Feedback vs Forums)

Just note that the present Elements forum is mainly a user to user forum with the help of some Adobe Help Staff (not those having a real power of decision about the product management).

The feedback forum, is a dedicated tool for:

- showing your mood (you may feel better after posting...)

- reporting bugs

- requiring new features

- sumbitting new ideas

- Helping to solve difficult issues not yet discussed and solved in the various user to user forums like the Elements one. In particular, users are asked to vote for discussions in order to give weight and precedence to some issues.

The feedback forum is not limited to Elements, it's for other softwares in the Creative Cloud.

You can be sure that your posts are read, but you will rarely get an answer from Adobe directly, but you'll have many experts to help your (they are NOT Adobe employees unless clearly stated).

Also, don't waste your time to ask when a new feature (such as an ACR version for the latest camera model) will be available. Like other big companies in the Stock Exchange, Adobe is not allowed to disclose such information before they are really sure it's ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What they are going to do is delay and obfuscate and make it difficult until you give up in frustration and shell out $80 for PSE 2020, despite the fact you recently bought PSE 2019. It's not like Catalina was just sprung on the world a few weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My journey on Mac began on a brand new 68k System 7 Color Classic and I loved it!  Added a 14.4 baud rate modem later and got it on the internet boy those were the days!  Moore's Law was still in effect and Mac updates were just too substantive to ignore so I gleefully installed each as soon as they were released.  Many years and machines later I was up to Snow Leopard when Lion came out.  I passed on updating for the very first time.  For one, it would have broken my Photoshop CS3 and two, what wasn't to love about Snow Leopard really?  Lion wasn't some huge technological leap Mac updates had been in the past.

If I still used Mac's I'd be asking myself the same question again today.  I realize it's a subjective thing so I'm not calling anyone out on it but I mean what's the urgency in upgrading right now?  What will you miss, not to mention that it'll break ALL your 32 bit apps, not just Adobe's.  On the other hand, I'm all in on anyone interested in going there to do so if that's what they want to do, it's none of my business.   None whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good points, Phinny. I guess my main impetus to install Catalina would be security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I agree with you johnd70391970.  But Adobe really doesn't care that we have to shell out more money for PSE 2020.  They seem to be very greedy in general.  I was just on customer service practically begging for a measly $19 discount and they would not budge.  They don't care if they lose customers.  That is a real shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE:

So I saw PSE 2020 on a December sale for $60 and decided better safe than sorry. Bought it. Weeks later, Adobe writes me: "Hey, we're sorry. Here's a free copy of 2020!"   Doh!   The unexpected news is that when I replied I had already bought it, a dude got back to me immediately and arranged a refund.  So, that was nice.  The upshot:  If you bought PSE 2019 and then got burned with Catalina, get in touch with customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines