• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2019 New Install blinking cursor and menus grayed out

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am installing a fresh install of Photoshop and Premiere Elements 2019.  Premiere works fine, but Photoshop Elements has all menu options grayed out and the tools menus are blank white.  The cursor has a rapidly blinking circle by it (Win7ProSP1) as though it's processing but nothing appears.  I've uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled with a fresh download from Adobe dot com and am still getting the same results.  What needs to be done to get it to work?toolsmenublank.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

In addition, the Elements Organizer opens for about 5 seconds then goes all white screen with the same ring by the cursor.  The organizer will not close out, the task/process needs to be stopped in Task Manager to stop it.  Issue reoccurs upon relaunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, the Elements Organizer opens for about 5 seconds then goes all white screen with the same ring by the cursor.  The organizer will not close out, the task/process needs to be stopped in Task Manager to stop it.  Issue reoccurs upon relaunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just wanted to confirm if your issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Medha

I'm still having issues with the program

Thank you

MahanRishi Khalsa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please perform the following steps and let me know if it resolves the issue.

1. Close PSE 2019.

2. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\17.0 and delete the ThumbDatabase.db3 file.

3. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\17.0\Locale\en_US (Assuming you're using the English build. If you're using the build in some other locale, please select the relevant folder accordingly). Thereafter, delete the MediaDatabase.db3 file.

4. Now relaunch the application.

If you face difficulty in locating any of the aforementioned files, please reach out to me.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Medha

Is it possible for you to remote in and do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Our customer support team should be able to assist you with this.

Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I lost my connection with Sachin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines