• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2019 obsolete with no upgrade to 2020?

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else feeling ripped off by the late 2019 promotion to puchase PhotoShop and Primier Elements products for $60 on Mac, only to find that they do not work on Mac OS Catalina (released a few months later) and the upgrade to PSE 2020 is not included?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

I don't feel ripped off as I use Elements already many years, actually from the early beginnings when the product was still a freebee and noticed their marketing policy during all those years...
So I learned that Adobe has apparently a sales policy of each year bringing out a new version of the product touted with new features and giving a discount for upgrading which, if I'm not mistaken, is less than the purchase discount of the product without upgrading. I therefore upgrade only every 3 or 4 v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped selling PSE 2019 when PSE 2020 was released. The promotion is not from Adobe.

The system requirements for each were and are available from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, I appreciate your clarifying that the fault lay with me, not Adobe.  It is consistent with the experience I had in the support chat.  However, I still question the business practice of selling a piece of software in August, 2019 that will not be upgradable to an OS release that comes out in October, 2019. That is the same as selling expired milk.  If it was a reseller and not Adobe who sold it, then there is a problem of proxy responsibility. 

Adobe did fix my problem, which I appreciate.  It took too much energy to get fixed, which I did not appreciate.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't feel ripped off as I use Elements already many years, actually from the early beginnings when the product was still a freebee and noticed their marketing policy during all those years...
So I learned that Adobe has apparently a sales policy of each year bringing out a new version of the product touted with new features and giving a discount for upgrading which, if I'm not mistaken, is less than the purchase discount of the product without upgrading. I therefore upgrade only every 3 or 4 versions increments. So I purchased PSE 6, 9,13 and last year  version 17 (a.k.a. PSE2019) only to find out later that year that suddenly the program stopped displaying HEIC and HEVC files.....
Had no other option than to fork out for another purchase of PSE2020, which, to be honest, is still much cheaper than to buy a monthly Adobe subscription for their professional products which have much to many wistles and bells for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines