• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2019 won't stop analyzing and running in the background

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have turned off auto creations/media analysis functions, force quit PSE 19, and rebooted my system several times. PSE will not stop running in the background and creating new files. Its killing my system. Is there a solution for this or should I uninstall 19 and go back to 15?

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is your catalog?  Have all thumbnails been generated in the grid?  Have ALL checkboxes in the Edit>Preferences>Media- Analysis dialog been turned off?  What Adobe processes are running in Task Manager?  What new files are being created? (.json? .xml?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dandlmom,

Sorry that Photoshop Elements 2019 keeps running the background and won't stop analyzing new files. That shouldn't be happening, let us help make this right.

Which exact version of Photoshop Elements 2019 are you using?

Could you please restore the preferences for Photoshop Elements to default as mentioned and explained here Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements and let us know if that helps? Also, have you tried reinstalling the application so far?

Thanks,

Akash

Just a reminder, the Adobe Forums are transitioning to a new community experience soon. New threads and replies posts to the forums between August 22nd and September 9th will likely be lost, but we’re here to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, I uninstalled PSE 19 from my system. I'm not comfortable reinstalling with this issue ongoing. I still have PSE15 installed. The system is continuously generating CAXMP files.  It stopped with JSON files when I turned off the auto creations.

Yes, I was sure all boxes were unchecked. I'm not sure how many images I have . . enough that I have 3 separate catalogs covering my current photos, "heritage" photos, and digital scrapbooking elements. many, many thousands of images.  So this analysis would take a very long time, but it should be turned off now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no new json files were being generated, then face recognition was turned off.  The xmp files contain all the metadata and tagging information for the files.  You have not indicated how the creation of these files is "killing your system".  Was it interfering with the operation of other programs, generating high CPU usage, or are you just concerned about the number/size of the files?  (My computer has almost 4 million xmp files.) 

If you are interested in resolving or learning more about your issue, then it would be helpful to know what OS and computer hardware you have and a better description of exactly what the problem is.

An approximate number of the media files in each catalog is displayed in the lower left corner of the Organizer's status bar (if no media in the grid is selected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that my system uses dropbox to autoback up, and since the system is constantly generating new files, its constantly backing up. I need the back up function to stay on. I need the generation of files to stop. I've removed the software so the fact that it is continuing is very concerning. It installed/turned on something that is still going even when PSE 19 is gone.  I'm running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I just checked, and it started creating JSON files again now too. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further update . . I removed the setttings/preferences files. and removed an old version of Premiere 13 that I didn't realize was still on my system. Forced shut down of all adobe systems via task manager (even the ones that aren't photoshop connected). relaunched PSE 15 to turn off media analysis again.  rebooted system. Its still generating new files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines