• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop elements 2020 - colorize photo

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchase photoshop elements 2020 but am very disappointed with the program . I bought the program because I wanted to make my B&W pictures into colored ones. The program falls short in changing the entire picture into colored. It leaves parts of the picture b&w and with no way to improve it. I found  " My Heritage " web site offering this feature with there ancestery  search ( free for 2 weeks ) that puts photoshop program look second rate . 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advocate , Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

It leaves parts of the picture b&w and with no way to improve it.

See why that isn't true here

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Here is another video demo.

https://youtu.be/lLWs_-czppc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It leaves parts of the picture b&w and with no way to improve it.

See why that isn't true here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another video demo.

https://youtu.be/lLWs_-czppc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Photoshop Elements and upgraded to the newest version in March 2021.  I had saw a colorize tutorial on You Tube and it looked so easy.  First problem - that was Photoshop 2021 and not PS Elements.  My toolbar looked nothing like that on the tutorial.  Next problem was that PS 2021 is a monthly subscription only.

I explored my Elements package, had done the file conversion and ran into the brick wall..  I could not find colorize at all.

This past weekend I explored Elements and found the Colorize selection.  I selected one of the 4 tinted offerings and then proceded to colorize different aspects of the 100 year old scanned photo.  I am pleased with the result.

My question is this is a work in progress and I saved the file - when I open the file, how do I navigate back to the colorize pallet directly withour going through Enhance>Colorize Photo which will re-tint the photo I am working on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Garvin5CA6 said:

My question is this is a work in progress and I saved the file - when I open the file, how do I navigate back to the colorize pallet directly withour going through Enhance>Colorize Photo which will re-tint the photo I am working on?

When you reopen the already colorized photo, do not choose one of the presets.  Instead, go straight to the Manual mode of the colorization editor.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.04.05_23h59m53s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines