• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 Does not Support Windows 7?

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Currently I am using Photoshop 2020 in Creative Cloud Plan. It works under my Windows 7(64bit) without any problems. However, I think the plan is pricy and I want to switch to a perpetual license instead of a subscrption. So I contact Adobe and the support told me that I can purchase Photoshop Elements 2020. But to my surprise, Photoshop Elements 2020 does not support Windows 7.

So my question is:

1. Why the latest version(Photoshop 2020) in subscription plan supports Windows 7 but the Photoshop Elements 2020 does not.

2. Is there a version of Photoshop Elements that supports Windows 7 and I can purcahse?

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Have a look at Elements Plus which is a very inexpensive add-on. It is version specific and may provide the functionality which you seek.

https://elementsplus.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the "Photoshop" forum for you. Here are the system requirements for Photoshop Elements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html
~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because it is not supported does not mean it won't work.  I suggest you download a free 30 day trial to test out my theory.  There may be some features that don't work or work poorly but it is worth trying it out. 

And you really should consider upgrading your machine to Windows 10 if it has the necessary specs.  There is currently an offer available at PC World magazine for a full version of Windows 10 Home for $29.99.  This offer is available until the end of June.  (Windows 10 Pro version is available for $39.99.)  I haven't checked this recently, but up to 3 or 4 months ago, there was a little known secret that Microsoft will allow a free upgrade of an earlier Windows version computer to Win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. After installing PS Elements, I find it is a crippled version of PS, not real PS. So I have to continue use the subscription-based PS, though it is much more expensive and has no perpetual license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Elements Plus which is a very inexpensive add-on. It is version specific and may provide the functionality which you seek.

https://elementsplus.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much my issue has been solve now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its very intresting and helping my issue also resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has also solved my issue. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct ccw123, the Creative Cloud apps, the professional tools, are subscription only. The tools for hobbyists - Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements - have a perpetual license, and they are of course more limited. But since you would want to buy a new version each year, Photoshop Elements costs nearly as much as a Photographer Plan.

Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, and should no longer be used. (End of life, January 2020). You can expect all software developers to be dropping support for it already or soon. Many people say it's not possible to support software on an unsupported system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all information ......!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the valuable information.it helped me alot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, the issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. I tried to allot but did not get any success to install Photoshop Element 2020 in my Windows 7. But Now You have solved my issue.

I am highly thankful to provide the detail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well. I also found the decision for this problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. I tried many times but did not get any success. Thanks alot now working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does. Photoshop Elements 2020 requires a minimum of Windows 10 and is not supported on Windows 7 anymore. If you have any additional questions, please shoot us. I have tried it for my (link removed by moderator) but it didnt work in windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. My Issue has beed resoled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, My Issue was resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the issue has been resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines