• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 guided edit

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loved to use Photoshop Elements 13, but that computer is gone and I am trying Photoshop Elements 2020.  I use guided edit most often.  I do not understand the photo-icons on the Guided Edit page to select how I want to edit my photo.  The old simple way was clean and easy to use.  Any way to get rid of the goofy action pictures?  Seems like kindergarten to me.

I appreciate changes made to make things better. Not all of us agree on Better.
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Com Help forum to the correect PS elements forum by Mode JSM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it pleases you, Photoshop Elements 13 is still around warts and all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chpetunia,

Did you find a solution to the problem you mention.

I have the same problem and totally agree with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some users, especially users of the old guided edits, are puzzled by the new look of the feature.

First, the reason is that the number of those edits is increasing regularly, making the selection of the one you want more difficult. And since the whole purpose of the tool is to discover new kinds of edits, most of which beginners have no idea what they actually do, the guided edits workflow has introduced a preliminary stage to replace the plain edit and effects list.

First, be sure to show/hide the photo bin on the bottom. The illustrations you are seeing are not templates for editing, they just play the part of menu selections items, animated thumbnails. They are menus and submenus to choose the effect you want. For instance, the 'replace background' is accessed first by the main standard horizontal menu going from basics to photomerge. You choose 'special edits', and there you find the animated big thumbnail describing the effect.

If you regularly use some guided effects, you have to remember the first group and edits for the top menu just like when you have a hierarchical menu of one hundred choices. And, be sure to show the photo bin when needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines