• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 keep on crashing during photo discovery on Mac

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed a PAID version of Adobe Elements Organizer 2020 and it keeps crashing (every 15 minutes) during photo discovery. Why is PSE Organizer discovering audio-only file?  This is beyond me. I spent more than 5 hours force quitting and restarting the app.

This is my confifugaration:

MacBook Air - early 2014; 8GB RAM and 350GB storage

MacOS: High Sierra 10.13.6 (don't tell me that I have to upgrade to the new OS)

I have my FREE Picasa that is still working fine and my PAID PSE crashes every 15 minutes.  Do you know what it is?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Import and export , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that Photoshop Elements 2020 is crashing while searching audio files on your computer running macOS High Sierra.

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Option+Command+Shift immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General, click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not about audio file.  PSE Elements Organizer crashes everytime during import.  Here is one..

Samsung04_0-1596932077365.png

Samsung04_1-1596932126404.png

Samsung04_2-1596932169723.png

Look at % CPU and CPU runtime.  Is this a buggy software.  I have spent more than 7 hours rebooting this sxxt.  Is there a way for me to return this paid software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the question, do some research, and respond.  Please don't send me all the canned response without reading and doing proper research.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that the issue still persists. Would you mind taking a look at the set of troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-photoshop.html and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go.  I did the troubleshooting for you....

Here is the issue.  I downloaded the 2019 version and it was able to DISCOVER and put all my photos in organizer without any problem.  So the problem is with the buggy 2020 organizer.

Now i select a picture and select the editor to edit a picture and it sucks up tons of memory

Samsung04_0-1597169419653.png

I also noticed this software is "analyzing faces in your catalog: 29% complete"...

Samsung04_1-1597169466914.png

Who asked the software to analyze faces?  Why is it analyzing faces without me requesting it?  No wonder it is sucking up 6GB of RAM for worthless work I did not request.

The question:  The 2019 version I downloaded, will it expire or will it continue to work, as I have the paid 2020 version on my lapton?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's the response?  Looks like this is a false advertisement.  Mac needs more than 16GB RAM (not 8GB as advertised) to run this program.  That said, how do i get my money back? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines