Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 keeps failing to install

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community

I have today purchased Photoshop Elements 2020 and have been trying (about 20 attempts now) to install it on my new Lenovo X1 Yoga.  The installation keeps failing at around 13% - it's driving me nuts.  No such problems installing Acrobat DC via the Creative Cloud app.

I have turned off my firewall to see if that made a difference but no such luck.

Any suggestions!?!?

Cheers,

John

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the trial download a try and if successful licence with your serial number. It’s identical to the full version but uses a quick light-weight installer. The components are then downloaded in parallel with the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion ... I tried that.  The lightweight installer is the same installer that I was given when I purchased from Adobe Online.  The problem arises when I launch the executable installer.  It keeps hanging at about 13% complete.  The most I have gotten through was 48%.  Very unsatisfactory way of delivering a product.  I have never experienced anything like is with any other vendor.  Even Acrobat DC installs better via the Creative Cloud app!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other suggestion is to install into a new user account with full admin privileges. If that works, the app will be available to all users and you can log back in to your own user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again

Sadly, that doesn't work either.  My account has full adminstrator rights!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user to user community. For some issues it will be necessary to contact Adobe directly. Click the following link and scroll down the page to Individual. Then click “Sign in to contact us” It should be possible to start an on-line chat with Adobe Support. 

If your purchase is very recent you can request a refund. Maybe try purchasing from the Microsoft Windows store which comes as a packaged contents app.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines