• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 launch issue : Missing msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll after install

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Elements 2020 on my Windows10 computer the system came with the message of missing MSVCP140.DLL and VCRUNTIME140.DLL. and the app. won't start. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the experience with Elements 2020 on your Windows 10 machine. You might be getting the error for MSVCP140.DLL and VCRUNTIME140.DLL due to missing Windows updates. Please ensure you have all the latest Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can also try repairing/re-installing the Visual C++ redistributable packages by going to Programs and Features. You can check the discussion here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error-in/91...

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Just go to "add remove programs" find Microsoft Visual C++ and proceed with uninstall. At some stage you will be asked if you want to repair or remove. Chose repair (not remove), complete, and you are good to go, everything should work.

If that fails, completly uninstall C++ and reinstall, but really, repair should do the job.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I had problems installing Elements 2020 due to missing/corrupt MSVCP140.DLL and VCRUNTIME140.DLL files.

First attempted to manually place both files in the right directories ( system 32 etc). Didn't work.

The solution suggested by Serban 15A9 is the right one.

Problem is there are a lot of Microsoft Visual C++ versions installed on a computer, and it could take a long time to uninstall, reinstall all versions.

I downloaded a all in one package from https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Just follewed the instructions and worked flawless for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! Thanks for the link! ✌️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just receive & installed Photoship Elements 2021 and having the same issues, missing msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll.  BUT..........I can get the program to open but a window constantly comes up missing files must fix and repair, reinstall software.  I have reinstalled per instructions, this did not fix the issue.  I have downloaded the all in one package for Microsoft Visual C++, this did not help.  

I don't know what to do!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Years later, this solution still works FYI!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help, i followed your instructions & everything looks good to go, kind regards P yates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years later.. This solution still works! FYI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines