• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 2020 not starting on Windows

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop elements 2020 is not starting. A screen says setting up environment for first launch. The message stays on screen for hours but does not start

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that Photoshop Elements 2020 is not launching on the computer, could you please try the steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/kb/Elements-applications-do-not-launch-on-Windows-10.h...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem and the issue is the organizer will load and work however, when starting the Photo Editor, a notification states it is loading the workspace but then the notification disappears after 20-30 seconds. Further the splash screen never appears. 

NOTE: I reloaded the Element 2020 software from the Adobe website this morning and I get the same response. Before I updated Element 2020 with the most recent version, Adobe Element 14 Trial would operate even though the trial period has expired. Now, neither Elements 2014 or Elements 2020 version works and I have work to do . . . I just need a photo editor and not all these extras i.e. organizer!!! To-date, Adobe Elements has never booted since its purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there @johnfelder,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but keep in mind that it's usually a better idea to start a new thread with your problem instead of commenting on an older one. This will ensure that more people will get to see it (this thread is almost a year old and it could be possible that the participants are no longer active). Just my 2 cents of course.

What version of Windows are you using?  You can use the 'winver' program to check (win-r => enter 'winver' and check the dialog). Also: you mentioned that the editor fails to start when you try to open it from the organizer, but what happens when you try to start it directly from the splash screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines