• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 Open Type Font Alternative Characters?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, friends!  Can someone please help...I just need to know if Photoshop elements 2020 supports the alternative charaters/glyphs in open type fonts.  Support said yes on the phone and chat, so I downloaded it and I don't see how to access the additional characters.  Does anyone know?  Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's true that pse 2020 most likely would support alternate characters/glyphs, adobe

does not provide any means to set the alternate characters/glyphs in photoshop elements, so

i guess the answer is no.

On both windows and mac you can use the Character Map (windows) or Character Viewer (mac)

to insert alternate characters/glyphs into your type in pse 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff!  How do you use the character map to insert alternate characters/glyphs into my type when they only have a Unicode like "U+056F"?  I only know how to get them when they have the Alt+number.

Thank you so much!  :0 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Character Map click on the symbol, click Select, click Copy, then back in photoshop elements right click and Paste or press Ctrl+V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff! (What if you can't see all the extra glyphs in character map?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that font doesn't have that Glyph.

What font and Glyph do you want to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An example--Adios Script Pro opentype has three different options for the capital M and the character map doesn't show them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have spent SO MUCH time figuring this out.

First this was an incredible tutorial for a MAC. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urGmdJehdwo&t=8s

for PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1KwVkqxX1E

So I would start there. They, however, didn't work for me but can blatantly see it works for them here. 

I ended up downloading an app called Ultra Character Map. I work on a MacBookPro 2014 and I had to copy the image from the app AS A PICTURE....not TEXT. It says:

"If you can’t paste the glyph, try the Copy as Picture command instead. Glyph-to-character mappings are determined by the font’s author."

So it worked as a picture and I will take it!!

GOOD LUCK! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines