• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 2020 organizer

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have previously used PE13 without problems on a computer running Windows 7.  Recently I bought a new fast computer and also upgreaded to  Photoshop Elements 2020.  This necessitated that I import the catalog from the old Win7 computer to the new Win10 computer and instal PE2020 onto that computer.  Now when I open up the Organizer all of my thumbnails are grey squares with hour glasses in them.  If I increae the zoom, some the grey boxes become photos and the larger I make the image, the more of the grey boxes with hourglssses become photos.  The problem is that I would like to see the thumbnails at a smaller size so that I can pick the images that I want.  Please help me!

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thumbnails are created by opening, resizing and saving a small image (max 320 x 240 pixels) as a binary field stored in a sqlite thumb.5.cache database in the catalog folder. Parametric edits stored in xmp sidecar files for your raw files are applied to get a fully up to date image. You can imagine that scanning and processing all the files of a big library takes a lot of time, often several hours. Don't be impatient, and perhaps let the organizer work on a night job. The cache is always rebuilt in priority for the files you are currently tying to view. You can highlight a batch or thumbnails, right click and choose 'update thumbnail' if you want. Other factors than the strength of your hardware are the very heavy processing background task for auto-analysis and face recognition. Things get much better after the initial indexes for those tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines