• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 2020 photo editor freezing after opening

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to open Photoshop elements 2020 photo editor it freezes like 2 seconds after opening and doesn't unfreeze sometimes it even slows down my mouse movement on screen, the only way I found to exit it when frozes is to end it in task manager. I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 and running the latest version of Photoshop elements 2020, that I got through the Microsoft Store. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same problem was happening. The organizer runs just fine, it is just photo editor that freezes, I have also tried having nothing running in the back ground. My computer runs on a Ryzen 7 3700x, 64gb of ram, and a 2070 super, not sure if specs relate but im getting sick of this freezing.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A couple of thoughts:

1. Try disconnecting from the Internet before starting the Editor and see if we can rule out that any network communications are causing the problem.

2. You've got an excellent set-up, so I'm thinking you probably have multiple internal hard drives. If that's the case, have you installed Elements on your main system C: drive? If not, uninstall Elements from its current location and try reinstalling it on that drive instead. You may need to go into Settings > System > Storage > More storage settings > Change where new content is saved > New apps will save to: , and change the drive to This PC (C:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines