• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 Polygon-Lasso will not work on a two monitor setup

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually in Elements 2020 is a Lasso-Bug.

If you click, nothing will happen, no line, no circle at the symbol, nothing.

After trining to reset, Strg.-Alt.-Shift Start and deleting the preference file, I find out that the problem happens with a two monitor setup.
When I move Elements to the second screen (set as second screen in Windows) the Polygon Lasso will not work.

When I move Elements 2020 back to the main screen, it will work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Premiere Elements forum to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is right that I will get a private message with an outlook.com email adress:

"Subject: Photoshop Elements 2020 Polygon-Lasso will not work on a two monitor setup
Date: Dec 03, 2019 12:03 PM

Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Customer Care Team at Adobecare@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Team Adobe"

ChFl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing the details with us. Yes, you shouldn't be receiving a private message like that. Most important thing is that Adobe uses "adobe.com" not "outlook.com"

We have Adobe employees and Adobe community professionals to help you out here. They will respond to your query on the same thread so that everyone can view their responses. Sometimes, we do ask details on a private message when it comes to your email address, catalogs for troubleshooting and something specific to your Adobe product or your query.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using PSE 19 and have a two monitor set up which has worked very well for aabout 6 years but now I have bought a higher resolution 28" Samsung for my 4K work and now the polygonal lasso won't work on either screen I bought the large screen in December and all has been well until yesterday, when The poly lasso stopped working. It's very frustrating, but doesn't appear to be a problem for just PSE as in the Adobe community there are many people writing about this same problem with CC, both with Win 10 and Mac platforms. Let's hope Adobe get their finger out and sort this. It is a major problem. I need that tool  every day. No-one seems to have come up with an answer. I've tried everything discussed on both forums and nothing has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines