Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 starting only once and then keeps crashing

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

we use PS Elements 2020 in our company as a basic image editor and have an installation package built with the Adobe Cloud Packager. Installation finishes allright. We have put a link on the desktop directly pointing to PS Elements, not to the organizer as this functionality is not at all used by our staff.

PS Elements works ok when it is started the first time after launching the workstation but it doesn't close properly. When trying to start PS Elements again, nothing happens. The program is still running in the background, which can be seen in the Task Manager. Even shutting the program down the hard way does not help. So far the only solution is to restart the PC which is most inconvenient for our users.

The machine is an HP Z4G4 running Windows 1909 Enterprise and PS Elements 2020.

Is anyone having the same issues or even a fix? Any help is appreciated!

Silvan

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Silvan,

Sorry that Photoshop Elements 2020 is not working as expected on your Windows 10 computer. 

Would you mind checking out the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-photoshop.html and let us know if  that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

so far I have tried:

• deleting the user folders
  • packaging and installing the latest version PSE 2020.1
  • turning off all analysis and update-services in PS Elements and Organizer

What I have not mentioned: Our workstations are used in an isolated network and have no internet connection - might this cause some problems? Like services who are waiting for a response from an Adobe server?

The program is not terminated correctly and lives on in the task manager. When executing the program once more, another instance is running, but not showing up.

Is there a way to install PS without the organizer?

All the best,

Silvan

As soon as all instances are terminated via Task Manager, the program can be run again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe support,

is this an isolated problem or is someone having the same issue with PS Elements? I'd love to get some input on this one!

Kind regards

Silvan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao, ho avuto questo problema che forse potrebbe interessarti come l'ho risolto:

Non riuscivo a completare l'installazione di Photoscop Element 2020.

Si, si bloccava indicandomi errori di incompatibilità.  Contattavo il centro assistenza e loro risolvevano il problema.  Poi però quando riaccendevo Photoscop si bloccava definitivamente sempre indicandomi errori di imcompatibilità.  Richiamavo il centro assistenza e installavano nuovamente Photoshop che poi però poco tempo dopo si bloccava nuovamente. E questo è successo alcune volte.  Poi ho deciso di formattare completamente il pc e installare come primo programma Photoshop Elements 2020.  Ora ho risolto il problema. 

Non so spiegarmi il perché ma ora Photoscop funziona senza problemi.  

Spero di esserti stato utile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carlo,

thank you for your input, I trusted the google translator as I am not capable of understanding Italian myself.
Reinstalling on a clean OS is not really an option as we use Photoshop on a productive video editor system which can not be installed from scratch easily. We have this issue on about 30 machines. I'd like to know where the root of this problem is.

Best regards

Silvan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines