Highlighted

Photoshop Elements 2020 (update january 13th)

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 13, 2020

I just received a notice for an update and I installed it.

When I tried to launch that new version, I was asked to enter my serial number (not necessary with previous free updates), which I did.

Checking for the new version number, I see that it's still version 18.0 (18.0.0.321).

No update for the ACR plugin.

What has changed in this update and why no version number?

(I am on Windows 10 )

System Info:

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 18.0 (20200105.m.139301) x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Topics

Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Photoshop Elements 2020 (update january 13th)

I just received a notice for an update and I installed it.

When I tried to launch that new version, I was asked to enter my serial number (not necessary with previous free updates), which I did.

Checking for the new version number, I see that it's still version 18.0 (18.0.0.321).

No update for the ACR plugin.

What has changed in this update and why no version number?

(I am on Windows 10 )

System Info:

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 18.0 (20200105.m.139301) x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Topics

Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

The update screen indicated only bug fixes and performanc...

The update screen indicated only bug fixes and performance improvements. No further information has been provided. We may need to wait for the web page to be updated.

The previous version was:

18.0 (20190827.m136736) x64

Updated version:

18.0 (20200105.m.139301) x64

It’s a bit annoying having to entre the serial number again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Michel,   We are sorry that you had to enter the seria...

Hi Michel,

We are sorry that you had to enter the serial number again after the update. This is not typical behavior.

As 99jon mentioned, only the build number for the application has been updated while the version number to remains the same. It has not been changed to 18.1. The release notes are now live and you can check them here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Re: Hi Michel,   We are sorry that you had to enter the seria...

NOW, after updating 2 days ago,when I open my peviously purchased PE2020 a window pops up saying this is a trial version and It will expire within 30 days. A G G R A V A T I N G !  What is the website link to the newest PE2020 update?  So I can get rid of this window every time I boot up the software?  Thanks --Jeff B.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Re: Photoshop Elements 2020 (update january 13th)

Thanks for the clarification, John and Nikunj.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I also received a message that there is an update. No info at all that it may cost something! I installed the update - now i can´t use the programm anymore. I shall pay again! I never wanted to pay for an update! I was happy with my version!! Of course at the "help-center" nobidy is available!! FRAUD! They offer a update - afterwards they tell you that you have to pay! This is really bad!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I wanted to work on some photos! The program (Elements) told me to update - now I should enter the serial number. I don´t have it anymore!! Now I shall pay again!! Now I am sitting here and I can´t do what I was planning to do. I can´t use Elements at all!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

"No info at all that it may cost something!"

Not for me. The message clearly stated:"a free update".

Since I agreed, I can't be sure if there was a way to simply ignore the update, which I would have done, being on Windows.

"now I should enter the serial number. I don´t have it anymore!!"

Why have you lost your license key? If you bought the license to download directly from Adobe, then your key is available on your Adobe account. You'll get more help from other users here if you state your OS (and version) and the way you bought your license. The shortest way to get help from Adobe help desk is to use the 'customer care' and the 'chat' option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines