• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop Elements 2020 won't resize images

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from Elements 15 to Elements 2020.  When I want to resize an image, Elements will not let me type in the new pixel size that I want.  It will accept no new numbers.  I was having this same problem with Elements 15 just before I upgraded.  I have tried restarting my computer and restarting Elements to no avail.  I have Scale Style, Constrain Proportions and Resample Image checked, with Bicubic selected.  It also will not resize the canvas.  There are no error codes.  Could the problem be with my computer?  I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo all in one computer that is about four years old.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Phinny:  After spending about an hour with Adobe Support it was determined that the problem was that "Num Lock" was on.  How dumb is that!  My bad.  Thanks again for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Orchids4, your preferences file may be corrupt.   Pressing ctl-k, then clicking Reset Preferences on next launch, will replace it with a brand new one with factory defaults.  Don't worry, resetting preferences won't affect any of your saved work.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Phinny, but unfortunately it didn't work.  This occurred right "out of the box"on my first use of Elements 2020, so it's hard to know how the file could have gotten corrupted so quickly.  Also, as I stated in my original post, it was happening with Elements 15, which is one reason I upgraded to Elements 2020.  It must have something to do with my computer.  I guess I'll give Adobe's support a call.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phinny:  After spending about an hour with Adobe Support it was determined that the problem was that "Num Lock" was on.  How dumb is that!  My bad.  Thanks again for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy moly who'd have suspected a *#^@& caps lock might cause that Orchids?!  🙄  Glad to hear you're back on the road and thanks for reporting the info back to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phinny:  NOT "Caps Lock", but "Num Lock".  Important distinction.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Num Lock not Caps Lock of course, my fingers get a little ahead of their skis sometimes.  Thanks         

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines