Highlighted

Photoshop Elements 2020 won't save to Photos (Mac Catalina)

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be doing something wrong.

I adjust a photo in Elements 2020 and hit save.  The photo is saved to the Organizer BUT NOT to Photos.  Am I using the wrong settings???

Please help.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Community Information, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Elements 2020 won't save to Photos (Mac Catalina)

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be doing something wrong.

I adjust a photo in Elements 2020 and hit save.  The photo is saved to the Organizer BUT NOT to Photos.  Am I using the wrong settings???

Please help.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Community Information, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by Photos? Are you referring to the Apple Mac Photos program?

If that is a Yes then that is expected. When you Save in PS Elements the original image is not changed, just the preview of it that is shown in the origanizer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When you Save in PS Elements the original image is not changed, just the preview of it that is shown in the origanizer"

Elements works like Photoshop, which means changes to the files in the Elements editor are indeed written to the files on your drive or in an edited copy (a version set), and the thumbnails are updated.

If you are working on raw files in the ACR plugin, yes, the raw file is not changed, but its sidecar xmp file is updated when you click on the 'Done' button. It's not so common in Elements because most of the time PSE users use the 'Open' button to further edit in the pixel editor and save a version set in jpeg, psd, tiff...

I am not a Mac user, but Mac experts will tell you that you can't make the organizer and Photos work together. If I remember well the trick is to save a file to your drive from the organizer or the editor, then let Photos 'import' the photo into its secret garden. Also, I have read that there are plugins in Photos to use PSE as an external editor. Please Mac experts, correct me if I am wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 0