Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you import cr3 files into PSE 2020?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CR3 is not a format, it's a family of formats.

You'll have to tell which Canon model you want.

PSE2020 has the ACR 11.3

See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Edit:

I just received an update for ACR 11.4.0... in PSE2019!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Canon EOS RP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get the ACR 11.4.0 update for PSE2019 as I still only have ACR 11.1 for PSE2019

I need it for my RP - CR3 files. 

Not seeing any updates available under Help/Updates as it is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see in my link that the Canon RP is supported, even with the 11.3 version.

I am waiting to see what the version 11.4 offers beside new camera support.

Edit:

I have now the 11.4 ACR in PSE2019 and the 11.3 one in PSE2020... I have already had two updates for PSE2020, so that may come soon. I am disappointed that the two new sliders in the basic tab of the full PS ACR are not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How did you get the ACR 11.4.0 update for PSE2019 as I still only have ACR 11.1 for PSE2019

I need it for my RP - CR3 files.

Not seeing any updates available under Help/Updates as it is greyed out."

I simply got a warning in PSE2019 and it installed the 11.4 version.

ACR11.jpg

I am on Win 10. Not sure if the Windows store version of PSE2019 allows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I'm on Mac OS13 and I did not get the notificaitons. I rechecked the help/updates and it is still greyed out. I'll keep watching to see if it becomes available. In the mean time I downloaded the trial vs of PSE2020 and it came with ARC 11.3 which supports Canon RP_CR3. 

I then purchased it as it was on black Friday sale for only $59.99 USD. Well worth it for the convience of not having to use DNG Convert. Plus it looks like PSE2020 has some interesting new features. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should get promoted to update camera raw to v12 when next using the editor. You will then be completely up to date. See my blog for what’s new in PSE https://99jon.blogspot.com/2019/10/photoshop-elements-premiere-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DJHall, you can see my post here to check what version of ACR is installed on your computer.  The version also appears in the ACR window bar if you don't have it maximized.  At least, it does in Windows.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.11.27_11h36m26s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines