• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 2021 crashes when trying to use my XP-Pen

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop elements 2021 crashes when trying to use my XP-Pen artist 13.3 pro drawing pad. I have read that this is happening to other people after instaling the lastest version of PS. And so I have been trying to uninstall this latest update. Following these instructons - https://support.avenza.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035256431-How-to-install-previous-versions-of-Illust... However my creative cloud desktop doesnt acknowlage that I even have elements downloaded on my computer, even though I am loggind into my account. I have tried to find a number or person to contact but the adobe website is sending me in circles. Any ideas to help my XP-Pen work with photoshop elements would be of great help. 

[Moderator: Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum]

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... However my creative cloud desktop doesnt acknowlage that I even have elements downloaded on my computer, even though I am loggind into my account. ...

The Creative Desktop Client doesn't affected This client is only for CC apps if you have a subscription.

Photoshop Elements is a perpetual license and isn't included in the CC client.

In the first step you should try to disable the Windows Ink option.

Screenshot 2021-02-08 185217.png

Please give us more informations including the following :

Adobe product and version number

Operating system and version number

The full text of any error message (s)

What you were doing when the problem occurred

Screenshots of the problem and/or error messages

Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

To insert screenshots, please use the "Insert Photos" icon in the toolbar, so that we don't have to download them.

insert graphic mini.png

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Sorry to jump on this thread but I am having a identical issues with a different tablet.

I am using Photoshop Elements 2021 and a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet. Both drivers have been checked and updated. I built the PC in the last few months to a decent spec. The problem only started after PSE updated this morning.

The issue presents as a full program crash whenever using the pen tool (when Windows Ink is enabled). If Windows Ink is disabled I am able to use the pen within PSE though without the pressure sensitivity which is obviously not great. I've submitted multiple crash reports to Adobe today.  

• Adobe product and version number -  Photoshop Elements 2021. Core Version: 19.0 (20210126.m.155261)
  • Operating system and version number - Windows 10. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
  • The full text of any error message (s) - N/A. Crash report comes up but it does not show any info/options other than report to Adobe.
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred - Using Wacom pressure pen tool PSE2021 Editor with Windows Ink enabled.
  • Screenshots of the problem and/or error messages - N/A
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc - 

Evelyn5CB8_0-1613044059202.png

• GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER. 

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem since the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the update tonight and my pe2021 worked for the last 2-3 months no problem.i had to turn off windows ink to get my adobe to work whith out crashing while using my wacom inous pro s tablet . now that i got that working i can not use my eraser on my pen  in adobe but it works in other programs no problem, is there any work around for this is or is waiting for another update to fix these bugs the only option? Everything is up to date adobe ,windows 10, and drivers for wacom tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue for me. Windows 10, XP-PEN G640. Pen works fine in Lightroom and regular Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021, using a Wacom One 13 tablet on a Windows 10 laptop. If I have Windows Ink unchecked, the brush tool works in Photoshop but without pressure adjustments. If I check the box and tap even once into Photoshop, the program crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that there's a bug in the new PSE version.

Please create a post in the PSE bug forum, so Adobe engineers noticed this error and can check.

Photoshop Elements | Adobe Photoshop Family

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post created 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the inconvenience. We are working on this fix and will be pushing it soon to resolve this for you.

Thank you for the patience.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried 3 different tablets on two different PCs, the result is always the same;

PSE crashes as soon as the pen touches the tablet. These are the tested tablets:

GAOMON M106K

HUION WH1409 Giano WH1409-8192

Wacom CTL-6100WL

Adobe support is trying to get rid of me with lots of pretexts such as "we only support WACOM tablets". This is incredible. When will the (like-to-be-) users will get a chance to use this program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Photoshop Elements Update 2021.2 has been released today which will fix the issue with Tablet Pen.

Here are the release notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Please let us know if you still face any issue.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem back in February/ March.  I got the update and everything worked.  But the same problem is back.  Using the pen and tried to print.  I tried restarting everything but nothing works.
I'm using a new laptop with Windows 10: Lenovo Yoga with a factory pen.  I also use an old Epson all in one scanner with Windows Scan to import hand drawn items as part of my process.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines