Photoshop Elements 2021 Freezing/Crashing With Wacom Pen after macOS Big Sur Update

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I begrudingly updated my iMac to Big Sur and now my Photoshop Elements 12 no longer saves files without crashing and deleting all the contents in said file.

So in a panic (I need PSE for work) I had to buy Photoshop Elements 2021.  Comments and reviews seemed to say it worked decently enough on Big Sur.  

So I downloaded it, but it's laggy, slow, and whenever I use my Wacom pen and tablet, PSE21 freezes and becomes unresponsive after a few mintues of use.

My PSE21 is up to date running the latest version that came out on March 17, 2021.  I need help, what do I do to make PSE21 run and stop freezing with my Wacom tablet?  I've done all the troubleshooting methods provided by Adobe.  All the drivers in the pen are up to date too. 

iMac is a 2017 model with an i5 3.4 GHz Quad Core and 16 GB of memory.  It should be working fine. 

TOPICS
Actions, Bug, Crash or freeze, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop Elements on macOS Big Sur.

Please check out the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop Elements & the Wacom drivers are added to the list with a check mark in front of them.

3. If not, please add them by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop Elements under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, please try resetting the Preferences of Photoshop Elements using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html#Rest...

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines