Photoshop Elements 2021 Photo Downloader tool created duplicates

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.  Long time Photoshop user.  I recently purchased a new Window 10 PC, and successfully restored a backup from my old PC/prior edition of Photoshop into Elements 2021.

Today, for the first time with this lap top, I downloaded new photos from my camera (Nikon 5300).  I chose "get photos or video from camera or video" which opens the Photo Downlaoder.  Apparently, the downloader tool itself created duplicates of each photo, as the number of photos doubled (270 on my camera, but showed 540 thumbnails available BEFORE I chose "get media").  There is now a dupicate of each picture both in the Organizer and a "-1" version on my hard drive.  I don't mind going through this import batch and deleting the dups, but I don't want to do this every time.  Any thoughts about how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Import and export, Organizer, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the original files part of your backup?

Did you have the avoid duplicates filter set in the Adobe Photo Downloader (APD)?

Are the original files hidden from view when you open the APD?  For example, are they part of a raw/jpeg stack?  I generally shoot in raw/jpeg and automatically stack the files on import.  The raw file will generally be on top of the stack.  If I import the same SD card, without deleting the original files from the card, the jpeg files will be imported again.  If that happens, I generally do a file search for files with a -1 suffix (using the Ctrl+Shift+K shortcut to open the search box) and then select and delete the files from the catalog (and also from the hard drive).

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines