• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2021 (trial version) in conflict with Photoshop CC 2014 in Windows 10

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since I post here "Photoshop Elements Phto Editor 2021 (trial version) is closing", there is some developements.

After having refresh my Windows system to get more free space on my internal SSD drive, I installed Photoshop Elements 2021 (trial version), and saw that the problem of the untimely closing of Photoshop Editor in Elements was gone. Then I began to reinstall some softwares, checking each time if the Editor always opened. And it was the case. But after the installation of Photoshop CC 2014, the Editor untimely close again! The free space is of 80 Go.

I read here a post that a person wrote about this conflict, but it's on an Apple system (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/photoshop-elements-in-conflict-with-photoshop/m-p/...). A solution was proposed, but I don't know if that was working and how to transpose that on a Windows system. 

Is someone has an idea?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From the post, I understand that after installing PS CC 2014, You are unable to use Photoshop Elements Editor for version 2021. If that is correct, could you please share more details:

1. When does the editor quit? Is it just after the launch or sometime after launch?

2. Does it quit after performing some operation?

3. Can you check if the issue persists when both PS 2014 is launched and not launched?

Also if possible, could you please confirm if the issue gets resolved with uninstall of PS 2014?

Also please share some additonal details like OS platform, CPU, RAM and GPU details.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vipin,

Yes. It's exact. The Élements editor was quitting right after it was launch (no operation), even if Photoshop CC 2014 was launched or not. I work on a Windows 10 pro platform, CPU: Intel Core i7 4702MQ, 12 G of RAM, and GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 with 1.00 GB of memory DDRAM.

But this problem is now solved. Indeed, I had a phone call from an Adobe support representative to fix the problem. I downloaded a little software, and he was able take remote control of my laptop. Here are the steps that I remember he did (but not sure!):

1) He deleted the SLStore folder (program Data--> Adobe). But that doesn't fix the problem.

2) He verify the errors in the event viewer of Windows. Nothing significant was present.

3) He opens the propriety of all Adobe folders to give all permissions in the tab "Security" to users or groups. But that doesn't fix the problem.

4) He deleted the Photoshop Elements folder (%APPDATA%\roaming\Adobe). But that doesn't fix the problem.

5) He deleted the SLCache (Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe). That fix the issue.

But, maybe you are able to help me to remove Photoshop CC 2014. Indeed, since for some weeks, I bought and installed Photoshop CC 2017, but now I can't remove Photoshop CC 2014. However, I tried many things to suppress it. You can see the details here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/comment-supprimer-photoshop-cc-2014/m-p/11732160?page=1.

Can you help me with this issue?

Michel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines