• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2021 upgrade SEEMS to be a 1 year license

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thinking about upgrading from my PS Elements 15 to the new 2021 version but it LOOKS like that only buys you a year's use. For the price and my use level that sort of upgrade is not sustainable.

Can anyone tell me if I am reading this wrong, or is that just the support limit?

David

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difference between license and support:

Two license types:

'perpetual' in Elements. You pay once and the license is valid afterwards. The limit is that the license terms imply that you are using the same hardware/OS/Software environment afterwards. Sooner or later, you'll find incompatibilities, particularly new OS versions.

'Subscription': like in the Photographer's plan including Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. The license is valid for the time of the subscription, generally by one year.

Support: that means help from Adobe Staff, ability to get new installers and uploads from Adobe's site. Such support for 'how to' questions related to older versions can be asked for in this forum for Elements. Other users try to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michel. It looks like I need to find a perpetual license.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements is ONLY available with a perpetual license. If you find a page that seems to say something else, please reply with the addres (http:...) of the page, so we can check it out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"It was the UK Amazon site"

I see what you mean, it's a bit confusing. But no worries: the license has no expiration date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines