• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 2021 will not start.

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed windows 10 version of photoshop elements 2021 and premere elements 2021. entered my serial number for photoshop and my computer hung up. Restarted the computer and clicked on photoshop elements 2021 icon and nothing happened. Zero! Prior to this install I was running photoshop elements 2018.  Need help bad.

Loren Fresh

[website link removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS Elements.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same icon you used to start PSE 2018?   It sounds as if you uninstalled 2018, the desktop icon got left behind, you click on it, and nothing happens.

Each installation of PSE goes into it's own directory, and needs it's own icon to start.  

The default location for the EXE that starts PSE 2021 is here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Are you facing issue launching the  Photoshop Elements Home Screen 2021 (Hub) or  Photoshop Elements Editor 2021?

Did you installed any updates?

Please try resetting the application preferences:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift  immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences, click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try resetting the application preferences:
Photoshop Elements 2021 (PSE 2021) won’t launch! I have installed the PSE 2021 software twice now. This 2nd time I uninstalled Photoshop Elements 2018 and stopped Norton’s Antivirus before I started the install of PSE 2021. Please help.
Loren

[email removed by moderator]

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift  immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching.
Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
When I press the icon to launch Photoshop Elements 2021 The properties panel is displayed.
There is no “yes” to click Or Edit>Preferences to go to.

Go to Edit > Preferences, click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK.
When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it’s super bowl Sunday and I uninstalled all of adobe Photoshop elements 2021 and Premiere elements 2021,and stopped Norton antivirus. I reinstalled just Photoshop Elements 2021 by itself. The install went ok using AutoRun. I was taken to the point where the Serial Number is entered. That went in ok too. Clicked Ok. Then the panel “initializing” came on the screen and that’s where it Locked up. Maybe I have a bad copy of the software????

I tried the suggestion of clicking on the PSE2021 Icon and holding down the Alt, Cntl and Shift keys. Nothing happened.

I’m 81 years old and not computer genius. I do like the Adobe Elements products and have been a user for years. I don’t want to go poking around in my software settings. I need help from someone that knows Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements. I would like for someone to take over my computer and solve the problem. All I can do is click on AutoRun and enter the serial number.

I also have a life. I don’t live on my computer. Lets schedule a time when Adobe and I can be available at the same time to fix the problem.

Loren
[email removed by moderator]

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Surfside9 

"Lets schedule a time when Adobe and I can be available at the same time to fix the problem."

We are mostly volunteers on this forum. If you want to speak to Adobe Help, contact Adobe Customer Care:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Click the chat icon in the lower right and type "agent". They can look at your machine. Do not respond to scammers who may PM you purporting to be Adobe. 

Also, please remove your email address from your signature line when replying by email. Thank you.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Adobe Photoshop Elements for the first time.  It ran this morning albeit taking 5 minutes to fully open and now this afternoon, it won't launch at all.

Regardless of the manner used to open it (from start menu or task bar), it's dead on arrival.  Opening Task Manager to assess the state of the program shows no activity at all.  

This is a major buzz kill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please give us more to work with:   Your OS, what version of PSE....stuff like that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines